With spring creeping up on us once again, it’s about time we introduce the newest addition to the New Forest Ice Cream range. Our Berry & Apple Crumble ice cream provides a refreshing twist on the traditional dessert, ensuring it can be enjoyed all year round, whatever the weather! Featuring a delicious apple dairy base combined with real blackberry, apple and strawberry fruity inclusions and irresistible cookie dough crumble; the ice cream captures the iconic flavour perfectly. As we all know, crumble and ice cream is the best combination, which is why our Berry & Apple Crumble ice cream really offers the best of both worlds.
Made from our own traditional family recipe and developed from only the finest ingredients, the ice cream contains no artificial colours or preservatives. We have perfected the flavour and texture, ensuring the juicy fruit pieces and lovely crunch from the crumble really stands out. And, with a velvety cream base and a lovely pop of colour; it’s an ice cream that ticks all the boxes and is sure to be a hit with all ages.
Perfect for a generous scoop in a cone or tub, pop down to your local New Forest Ice Cream stockist to try our latest flavour for yourself and satisfy a craving for something fresh, sweet and indulgent.
HOW TO: DIY ICE CREAM BUNTING
We have been feeling quite creative in the New Forest Ice Cream office the past couple of weeks and decided it was time to create some fun ice cream inspired décor to add a splash of colour and brighten up our office while we patiently wait for summer! Helen, who works in our accounts team, has made a beautiful bunting that represents ice cream perfectly and looks lovely on our walls. Bunting is the perfect decorative piece for parties, homeware, offices or even a café, adding a cute shabby chic vibe!
If you fancy a little DIY project then continue reading this post to find out how to make Helen’s ice cream themed bunting. Once you’ve grasped the technique and made a template, you can make lots of different bunting of all colours and styles. Here is the step by step guide to make your perfect summer bunting.
1) Firstly, you need choose your materials – Helen chose pastel colours to reflect the look of ice cream and she also managed to find a material with an ice cream print on it which worked perfectly for this design.
2) You need to then make a template out of cardboard to ensure each flag is the same size. You also need to calculate how many flags you will need to reach the length of the space where you want your bunting to hang. Helen worked out that we would need 75 flags for the 50ft of our office walls.
3) Then you need to use a firm material to use as the backing of the flags to make sure they are supported and sturdy. Helen cut out 75 in total but you may need less or more depending on your calculations.
4) To construct the flags you need one backing piece and your chosen material you want on display, using a machine is the most efficient and securest way to sew the sides together. Ensure you sew them together with the patterned sides facing each other.
5) Once sewn together, turn the flags inside out to hide the sewed edges and use a knitting needle or another pointed object to ensure the point is pushed through properly.
6) Press all of your finished flags so they are nice and flat. Either use one long strip of material to attach the flags to or use leftover strips and sew them together to make one long one. This is what Helen did and it created a nice colourful effect of mismatched material which fitted the style of the bunting well.
7) Place each flag next to one another along the fabric strip and pin in place. Ensure that you have the flags facing the correct way once again and use the sewing machine to sew in place.
8) Turn the strip to make a hem on the side of the flags without the pattern; simply pin and machine sew again.
9) Lastly, make loops at each end of the bunting to make it easy to hang up.